My name is Autumn Falls, and welcome to what's happening. Life in general is a mess, and I honestly have no idea what's going on. What I do know is that we're living in history. Big things are happening in our world right now, and people are never going to forget these years. I really don't think I can pinpoint when my world began to change. I think it might have had something to do with Donald Trump's presidency. I might be a teenager, but even I know that he's causing problems.
He's one of those people who lives to divide us, and I guess if you didn't read too much into it, you might say it worked. But I believe that in all his efforts to put hatred in our hearts, he only strengthened our capacity for love. He tried to defund Planned Parenthood, and the pro-choice community only rallied harder. He tried to erase the LGBT+ community, but now there are more rainbow flags than ever. He tried to tell us that all Muslims are terrorists, but now even more of us are standing with our Muslim brothers and sisters. I won't deny that there are still people out there who allow themselves to be spoonfed Trump's lies, but I truly believe that there are more good people out there than bad.
I know that we're all affected by what he's doing, but how we handle it is truly what determines the kind of people we are. Are you going to sit back and let his hatred continue without a second thought? Or will you stand up for others who are being put in even more danger than before? Are you going to let the privilege you have continue without a fight? Or are you going to use it to help others? Are you going to let this crap continue or are you going to step forward and change it?
Things aren't going to get better unless each and every one of us stands up and steps forward for change. Nothing is going to change unless we make it.
Welcome to what's happening– now what are you going to do about it?
He's one of those people who lives to divide us, and I guess if you didn't read too much into it, you might say it worked. But I believe that in all his efforts to put hatred in our hearts, he only strengthened our capacity for love. He tried to defund Planned Parenthood, and the pro-choice community only rallied harder. He tried to erase the LGBT+ community, but now there are more rainbow flags than ever. He tried to tell us that all Muslims are terrorists, but now even more of us are standing with our Muslim brothers and sisters. I won't deny that there are still people out there who allow themselves to be spoonfed Trump's lies, but I truly believe that there are more good people out there than bad.
I know that we're all affected by what he's doing, but how we handle it is truly what determines the kind of people we are. Are you going to sit back and let his hatred continue without a second thought? Or will you stand up for others who are being put in even more danger than before? Are you going to let the privilege you have continue without a fight? Or are you going to use it to help others? Are you going to let this crap continue or are you going to step forward and change it?
Things aren't going to get better unless each and every one of us stands up and steps forward for change. Nothing is going to change unless we make it.
Welcome to what's happening– now what are you going to do about it?
Comments
Post a Comment